Sunday, October 02, 2005

Oriental Chewing Gum

On the subject of chewing gum, there is actually an alternative chewing gum that is neither banned nor sticky (the primary reason for the ban in the first place). I have been chewing these since I was very young. In fact, it was one of my favourite snacks. Over time, I have chewed less of them, probably because they don't appear on the supermarket shelves that often. That, or it has fallen off my radar screen of desirable snacks because they put a strain on my aging teeth.

Well, I just bought a packet, teeth notwithstanding. The amazing thing is, after 30 years, the packaging has remained exactly the same. I haven't opened it, so I don't know if it still tastes the same. On the subject of sameness, I also saw tins of Van Houten Coco, also packed exactly in the same tin and package design of 30 years ago.

Well, it nice to know that some things never change. Some people still crave the same things 30 years on.

No comments: